Did you make New Year’s resolutions for your business this year? We all make them whether we say out loud or not, but hopefully, you’re still on the path fulfilling those resolutions.
No matter what your goal is for this coming year, your social media could probably use a plan to create online success.
5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Plan Your Social Media This Year
1. What are your social media goals? Don’t just continue to post to your social media when you think about it, but decide what your goals for social media are and create content that can help achieve your goals.
Is your goal to gain new followers? Brand awareness? Generate more traffic to your website? Add a blog this year? Increase your email list? Write down your ideas, just do one big brain dump on paper and decide what is doable this year.
2. Which social media is right for you? There are so many options out there when it comes to social media and it can be overwhelming. Chances are you do NOT have to be on all the social media platforms. Yes, that’s right, you don’t have to be on all social media… BUT you must be where your customers are. If you do not know which platforms your customers use the most, don’t be afraid to ask them. Casually bring it into the conversation when you talk to them next. They won’t mind at all.
3. Create a blog! If you haven’t already started a blog, it really is important that you start. Blogs do not have to be long and they don’t have to be difficult to write. Write what your customers want to know about. A blog is usually housed on your website and it helps provide proof you are the expert in your industry. Your customers want to read your thoughts, take your advice and follow what you say. You can also post your blog on your social media too. Creating content gets noticed. A blog can be a combination of words, pictures and videos. Just like all marketing efforts, a blog needs to be used consistently work for your business. When starting out, you may want to aim for once a month instead of creating content weekly.
4. How can you achieve this? Take a moment and write down how you will achieve your social media goals this year. Will you do your social media yourself? Will your social media be done in-house? Will you have a dedicated employee or a team to do the work? Do you need to outsource your social media? How much time is available to spend on social media?
5. Be true to your brand! No matter what social media platform you use or your goals for the year, it is vital that you stay true to your brand. Social media is about building relationships with people. People interact with companies they love and trust. Treat your social media the same way you act in the “real world”. It should be always authentic and transparent.
What are your social media marketing goals for the upcoming year?