Everyone likes to create an event on Facebook. This is easy-to-do and no cost to you except for your time.
When creating a Facebook event, use these three tips for a successful event.
1. Provide an image – Images say a lot by capturing your attention. Good or bad, they help us visualize. Choose an image that will best complement your event and make people excited to attend.
2. Fill in the details – No one wants to attend an event without knowing the details. The following should always be completed in full:
• Date – When is the event taking place
• Time – What time is the event and when does it end? Is this an event that anyone can attend and not just for your local community? If so, you will want to list the time zone where the event is happening. For example, my time zone is Eastern Standard Time. If my event was a webinar that everyone could register regardless where they are located, I would mention the event starts at 1pm EST.
• Description – What is the event? A paragraph that describes the outcome and objectives of the event are needed. Add any pertinent links that are relevant to your event. For example, you are hosting a webinar and you want people to register for the webinar through your website, add the website address in the body of the details.
3. Pick the right guest list – Take the time to invite as many people as possible. But invite the right people. If your event is a global event, invite all the people you can. If your event is local, then only invite people who are ideal attendees for the event. It looks very sloppy and lazy on behalf of the event host when they invite everyone they are friends with on Facebook. If your event is for the Florida Chamber of Commerce, why would you invite someone who lives in Vancouver or Hawaii or California or elsewhere if they would not members of the Florida Chamber of Commerce? It only takes two minutes to select the appropriate people who should attend.
Do you use Facebook events? I would love to hear your tips when using Facebook events.